
Today was a tribute to our dear sister. Many tears were shed, laughter shared and a plethera of hugs, kisses and general outpouring of love. It was a very difficult morning, day and evening which I'm sure will continue for quite some time.
The family brother was given by her brother Bart and it was so sweet and heartfelt.
I know that I could feel Tristen's spirit in the room with us. Mom shared a life sketch with us and shared some sweet stories. The nieces and nephews along with those in her singles ward sang "A Childs Prayer" my absolute favorite song. Afterwards some of her brothers and sisters shared memories of Tristen. It was so touching and hard to not cry, laugh and share in who Tristen was and who she grew to be. Darrel Jr. (Darrel Boy), Bart, my sweet Brandon, Cami and Spencer were those who shared multiple stories of Tristen and some were a side I never knew of her in her younger years. The bishop of her home ward spoke and he truly welcomed the spirit and Tristen's spirit into the room with us. One of our adopted dads Dan Bain gave us the closing prayer, Grandma Jean Anne gave the opening and both just touched my heart in ways I can't explain with words.
Dad dedicated Tristen's grave and bore his testimony to all of us. Both Mom and Dad shared their testimony throughout this day of tribute.
It truly makes me cherish the moments I share with family and friends and how short life is and how precious it is. Don't wait to tell your loved ones that you love them. Enjoy each day as if it were your last. I love you all and am so thankful that I have each of you in my life.
3 comments:
Im so sorry for your loss. Please know that my thoughts are with you and that I love you guys
Love you Kim.
Bless you all and bless sweet Tristen. I love you. And I KNOW Tristen was loved mostly by her Father in Heaven and her Savior and knew her sooooo well.
Post a Comment