Friday, March 21, 2008

Stupidity



Have you ever had so much to do that you make stupid mistakes over and over and are humilated when you discover them. I have had this happened this past week and into this week. I feel like the lowest person on the earth and worry about the reprocussions of my stupidity. One of my boss's is out of town and says we need to talk when I get back and that the numbers NEED to be accurate and it's really a problem. She'll be back Monday and this last incident occurred yesterday. My boss, boss asked me to chat for a bit and we went into his office with the door closed . . . oh my . . . She had contacted him and wanted to discuss my response to what happened and he wanted to know what was going on before he called her. Needless to say I explained what happened and was very forthright with him. He calmly said Kim don't worry about it, it's fine. He then proceeded to call Miss Abby and once he was done, much later in the day before I was too leave, he again indicated not to worry about it. It sounds as though he diffused her and indicated that she was just worried as I was as well since the numbers will go into our Proxy which is sent to all shareholders of Questar stock. What a sweetheart of a boss I have. But I still am a little concerned but he is her boss as well so if he tells me not to worry then I shan't.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

i agree, dont worry...its too bad that is so much easier to say than to do huh? Sorry you're having a rough week-ish hope your weekend is SUPER great to make up for it!! ps, i love that this blogging thing makes me feel so much closer to everyone! its great isnt it?!

Kimmy Sunshine said...

I agree, it's so nice to hear from those far away and not so far away and hear their words of comfort and encouragment among others.

Sarah Jean said...

Time heals all, even errors. It's good you were forthright. Try not to worry overmuch and always be yourself, because you are so great. We love you.

angie said...

forthright is best! you are the best!